A safe volume lash application should always be the goal when creating head-turning looks. But you also want to make sure that your dramatic look is the best fit for your natural lashes. Xtreme Lashes® Lash Stylists are educated in applying the right lashes for each individual. They will look at your natural lashes and determine not only what will look best on you but also what is SAFE for you.
If you want super dramatic eyelash extensions and are tempted to ask for the thickest or longest extensions available, by all means, tell your Lash Stylist! Just be aware that what your Xtreme Lashes Stylist will give you the thickest or longest eyelash extensions suitable for YOUR lashes. Trust their judgment and expert knowledge; they’re looking out for the long-term health of your lashes and you won’t be disappointed with the results!
A safe volume lash application is the secret to dramatic lashes
Full and dramatic looking eyelash extensions CAN be created without using the thickest extensions available. The key to a high volume look is the number of extensions applied and the technique used, making use of most or all of your natural lashes, not using the thickest extensions available!
Having eyelash extensions applied that are either too thick or too long for the natural lash they are attached to can cause problems like these:
- Extensions that are not matched in diameter with the natural lash will not last as long. With an eyelash extension that is larger in diameter than the natural lash, there is less of an attachment area between the extension and the lash. The “overhang” from the lash extension reduces the strength of the bond and can cause the extension to shed from the natural lash prematurely.
- Eyelash extensions that are too heavy for the natural lash will weigh the natural lash down, causing your lashes to hang in front of your eye, catch on your bottom lashes and you will not see the perky lift you desire from your extensions.
- Lash extensions that are too heavy for the natural lash will tangle and crisscross constantly and require extra grooming.
- Excessive weight from using eyelash extensions that are too thick or too long for the natural lash can cause the natural lash itself to prematurely shed or even break off.
- Natural lashes that have extensions attached to them that are too heavy can begin to grow in pointing downward; precisely the look you do NOT want from your lashes!
- Repeatedly applying extensions that are too heavy for the natural lashes will, over time, damage the lash hair follicle, inhibiting future growth and potentially causing permanent lash loss. (This is why we also recommend against having Flares & Clusters regularly attached to your natural lashes!)
In short, select a professionally trained Lash Stylist who can give you the right advice. Tell your stylist the look you’re after but leave the final decision in the hands of the professionals when it comes to your eyelash extensions! They only want what’s best for you so if they’re recommending a less-is-more approach, heed their advice.
To find a trained and Certified Xtreme Lashes Stylist in your area visit the Xtreme Lashes Stylist Directory!