Ever wondered about mascara for eyelash extensions or mascaras developed especially for eyelash extension wearers like the Xtreme Lashes® Length & Volume Mascara? When you have full and fabulous eyelash extensions, using mascara is definitely going to be the last thing on your mind. A few weeks into those lashes, however, you may find yourself reaching for your usual mascara to style rogue areas or add volume to certain spots. We urge you to stop! There’s the wrong kind of mascara and the right. Let’s learn more about mascaras for eyelash extensions today.
Why you need a mascara specially developed for eyelash extensions
- Your lash extensions need some Oomph between lash refills (Relash™ appointments) or you’re going longer between appointments. Hey, life gets in the way- we know. When trying to keep those lashes looking their best in-between appointments, you might feel compelled to add a little styling with mascara. That’s completely fine if you’re using a formula that is eyelash extension compatible.
- You want your lash extensions to last for as long as they could. An eyelash extension compatible formula helps prevent premature eyelash extension loss as it was tested for full compatibility with eyelash extensions. By using an incompatible mascara formula, you risk damaging your adhesive bond causing you to lose lash extensions prematurely.
- You don’t want to excessively rub or tug at your lash extensions. An eyelash extension compatible formula is always easier to remove because the formula was designed with eyelash extensions in mind. By being easy to remove, you’re not constantly rubbing or tugging at your lashes to remove pigment. Excessive rubbing/friction may cause your eyelash extensions to fall off faster too.
- You want to volumize your lower lashes when you’re wearing eyelash extensions. When your top lash line is full and voluminous, you natural reaction may be to give your lower lash line a few strokes of volumizing color, and the right mascara can help you do just that.
- You have colored eyelash extensions and need a quick change to all-black. If you’re wanting to add color into your lashes for a special occasion (bridal season, sporting events, prom, etc.), but worry about the commitment, a few strokes of Xtreme Lashes® Length & Volume Mascara is all you need when you want to conceal some color.
Using a mascara for eyelash extensions
Here are a few tips and tricks you need to know before using an eyelash extension compatible mascara.
- Don’t apply mascara from the base of the eyelash extension- apply from the middle of the lash and brush up. Doing so helps prevent mascara build up accumulating at the lash extension attachment area.
- Use recommended products for mascara removal such as the Xtreme Lashes® Eye Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser, Cosmetic Sponges, and Flex Tip™ Applicators. These eyelash extension compatible tools help remove mascara quickly and effectively, thereby reducing the amount of time you’ll spend rubbing and cleansing your lash extensions.
- Do not use any mascara (lash compatible or not) if you have eyelash extensions applied using the Volume Lash or Volmation™ technique. This dimensional volume lash look calls for an ultra-full and fluffy appearance, and using mascara of any kind will diminish this unique look.
Aftercare & Cleansing methods
- All-over Cleanse – Cleanse your entire orbital eye area quickly and effortlessly using the lint-free Xtreme Lashes® Cosmetic Sponges. Saturate two Cosmetic Sponges with Xtreme Lashes® Eye Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser and gently wipe across your upper and lower eyelids from inner to outer corner. Rinse thoroughly with water.
Cleansing eyelash extensions from Base to Tip – Saturate two Xtreme Lashes Flex Tip™ Applicators or Lint-Free Applicators with Xtreme Lashes Eye Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser and place one above and one below your eyelash extensions. Perform gentle scrubbing motions while moving both applicators along your eyelashes from base to tip. Rinse thoroughly with water.